On this website, you will find information on our organization’s initiatives to help eliminate a major issue our city is facing today. Ugly Butts all over the place. Our population is growing and with that comes the good, the bad and the ugly. The good a strong economy, the bad a lot of construction everywhere, the ugly the littering and the cigarette butt pollution.
- Cigarette butts are NOT biodegradable. I repeat, NOT biodegradable. When it rains, it goes into our only water source: beautiful Lake Ontario. It’s terrible to see these ugly butts floating around is our beautiful lake.
- Cigarette butts pose danger to children and small animals.
- GTA population is over 6 million. A large number come into downtown Toronto to work and to attend sporting events, concerts and festivals. The more people the more garbage.
- Toronto’s population is continuing to grow. To learn more about our population Toronto Population. There are THOUSANDS of smokers with this growing number.
- Littering fines are expensive as mentioned in a Toronto Star article on fines proposed
- More and more people are caring less and have become complacent about this problem.
We need to come together as a community and help make a difference.